|Title:||Training Program Manager|
|All:||340 Printers Parkway|
Taking Health Care to New Heights
Peak Vista Community Health Centers provides exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers.
We are a private nonprofit dedicated to premier medical, dental and behavioral health services for people of all ages. We provide primary care services to residents of the Pikes Peak Region through 19 outpatient health centers and are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Develops and conducts training programs for employees of Peak Vista Community Health Centers by performing the following duties:
• Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs within the organization.
• Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, online learning, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
• Selects, develops and updates teaching aids such as training manuals, job aids, and/or multimedia visual aids.
• Selects or develops testing and evaluation procedures to be used at completion of training.
• Coordinates, develops, tracks and conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as:
- new employee orientation,
- volunteer/student orientation,
- management and leadership development,
- new manager training,
- required annual refresher training (for all employees) and
- safety training (for all employees),
• Maintains Learning Management System (HealthStream).
• Revises design of training curriculum and methods to improvement effectiveness.
• Researches, writes and distributes monthly newsletter.
• Maintains PVCHC Training & Development Library.
• Coordinates and/or conducts lunch-n-learn sessions on a variety of topics of interest to employees. Maintains relationship with local colleges & universities, including Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs.)
• Coordinates external training providers.
• Assigns & tracks required Incident Command System (ICS) training for Director-level and above employees.
• Keeps abreast of current issues, ideas and trends in both the training & development and healthcare fields.
• Works with Healthcare Operations Training Manager as needed.
• Lead cross-departmental training team meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: AVP of Workforce Development
Supervision Exercised: None
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Work Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in healthcare preferred.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, training aids, and procedure manuals. Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and representatives from all levels of management. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form required. Ability to manage a budget appropriately.
Computer Skills: Experience working with a Learning Management System preferred. Intermediate MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint skills required. Captivate and/or other online development skills preferred.
Other Skills: Must have ability to manage several projects at one time, be flexible and open to change, and be able to work with a diverse employee population. Ability to plan, facilitate meetings required. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will need to complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check.
If you are an individual with disabilities that needs accommodation and are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please call us at (719) 632-5700 and ask for the Human Resources Department.
For employment and benefits information as well as additional employment opportunities, click here