Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Elbert, Adams, Arapahoe and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 850 employees and serves over 90,000 patients in the Pikes Peak and East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervision Exercised: N/
- Provides as needed admin support to the VPs of Clinical Operations and VPs of Medical Services regarding ad hoc requests for meeting minutes and /or other administrative support functions, tasks and other administrative support functions.
- Cross-trained to support the other Clinical Operations Coordinators as needed.
- Monitors and assists with patient advocacy to assure patient compliants/needs are followed up on.
- Supports the CLinical Operations team in coordinating trainings, meetings, project requests, any travel/training needs.
- Supports the recruiting process for Clinical Operations staff by conducting phone screens and scheduling interviews and participates in hiring staff and makes recommendations/suggestions as to employment status.
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Assists the team in assuring completion of Peak Vista's quality, hospitality and performance improvment goals.
- Assists Leadership with patient advocacy issues focusing on customer service, patient satisfaction/complaints and provider productivity.
- Supports facility safety initiatives, physical section maintenance & maintains regulatory standards for professional appearance.
- Closely monitors and manages financial administrative supplies for both VP and Executive teams.
- Serves as a liaison and a times lead communicator between administrative and clinic staff.
- Works with the VP of Nursing and the VP of Quality to assure clear communication and scheduling of events/meetings are sufficing the needs of the clinics.
- Assists with the patient discharge process by coordinating clinic decisions while communicating patient questions and concerns to clinic leadership/senior leadership
- Diligently assistse leaderhsip by processing in having reports rand and or extrapolating data from reports regarding the patient no-show process.
- Participates in PI/QI activities utilizing FOCUS/PDSA & AAAHC benchmarking
- Serves as a community coordinator; responsible for reaching out, scheduling, and communicating various needs to community partners and other business associates.
- Maintain open line of communication between, RNs, Clinics, and Administration and all other internal departments and external customers as necessary
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improve goals.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalency. Associates preferred in Medical Assisting or Medical Administration.
Work Experience: 2 years of clinical experience required and Ambulatory care/Primary care setting preferred. Bilingual preferred.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using the written word and verbal instructions and adapt messages to different audiences. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Computer Skills: Experience using Microsoft Office Products, including but not limited to Access and Excel.
Other Skills: N/A
Certificates & Licenses: Certified MA highly desired.
Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will need to complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check.