|Title:||Director of Human Resources|
|All:||340 Printers Parkway|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 20 outpatient health centers in El Paso and Teller counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 600 employees and serves over 10% of the residents in the Pikes Peak region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
This position is responsible for the recommendation, development, implementation and compliance with human resources policies, procedures and systems that support Peak Vista’s operations and strategic plan. It is also responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations related to all human resources areas. Other significant areas of focus will include the development and implementation of relevant HR strategies, supervision and development of five reports and the management of numerous projects and initiatives. In addition, the role is responsible for fostering an environment of continuous improvement and efficiency. The position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Workforce Development.
- Oversee the recruitment of staff with the exception of licensed providers and executives. Responsible for directing the on-boarding and off-boarding processes. Oversee the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Investigate and/or oversee investigations in connection with disciplinary and other employee relations matters.
- Counsel employees and handle employee issues while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Oversee and support the ongoing administration of all employee benefit plans. Co-ordinate the annual renewal process for health & welfare benefit plans.
- Maintain and administer all compensation plans. Recommend modifications, changes and exceptions as needed. Facilitate the performance management process.
- Act as the HRIS manager. Co-ordinate activities with HR and accounting/payroll staff.
- Oversee worker’s compensation claims management and analysis. Develop, implement and support risk-management policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Conduct internal audits as needed.
- Develop and manage the human resources department budget.
- Ensure records and files are accurate, well organized and retained in compliance with applicable laws.
- Participate in various surveys as necessary.
- Travel to health centers/clinics periodically as needed to perform duties.
- Perform related and other duties as may be assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is highly preferred. Human resources or industrial/organizational psychology majors preferred. PHR or SPHR is very helpful.
- Minimum of three years experience handling employee relations issues and three years experience in a management capacity is highly preferred.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with HRIS systems in an administrator capacity is preferred. ADP experience is a plus.
- Corporate human resources work experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a detail-oriented environment is very helpful.
- Healthcare experience, including recruiting, is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law and the ability to analyze employee relations issues accurately is required.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, effectively, and persuasively, both orally and in writing, is required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Ability to remain controlled and effective during fast-paced, stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to be forward thinking/innovative.
- Must have strong conflict management skills.
- Strong math, analytical and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized.
- Ability to portray a positive example to employees.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an individual with disabilities that needs accommodation and are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please call us at (719) 632-5700 and ask for the Human Resources Department.
For employment and benefits information as well as additional employment opportunities, click here