|Title:||IT Operations Manager|
|Locations:||3205 N. Academy|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves 90,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Summary: The IT Operations Manager manages the service desk to ensure all goals are met for the service desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support during clinical working hours
- Perform staff scheduling to ensure Service Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
- Provide staff support for admin tasks and project management for IT projects
- Responsible for the timely creation of all accounts needed by staff and others for the performance of their duties or other access needed to conduct business
- Monitor problem management database and follow up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Maintain a central source of information enabling Service Desk staff and support techs to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
- Serves as liaison between engineering and our customer during outages. Effectively communicates outages and expected resolutions times to our customers
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Isolate problem trends and ensure that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solution is found
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly metrics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Coordinate training requirements of Service Desk personnel
- Solve problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Service Desk responsibilities. Ensure that effective Service Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments
- Interface with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department
- Works on continual process improvement within in the service desk and proactively seeks out feedback from customers
- Serve as the around-the-clock contact for all related support issues, providing advanced first level technology support
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Ability to perform all duties of IT Supervisor and service desk technicians.
- Aware of and enforces standard associated with HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; following manufacturer instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business management, information technology and/or other related field required.
Work Experience: 5-7 years IT experience. 1-3 years of leadership experience with direct reports. Healthcare and/or not for profit experience a plus. ITIL certification preferred. CompTIA certifications preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software and Database software.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.