|Title:||Hospital Outreach Specialist I|
|Department:||Emergency Diversion Department|
|All:||Memorial Hospital, 1400 East Boulder St.|
Taking Health Care to New Heights
Peak Vista Community Health Centers provides exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers.
We are a private nonprofit dedicated to premier medical, dental and behavioral health services for people of all ages. We provide primary care services to residents of the Pikes Peak Region through 20 outpatient health centers and are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Location: Memorial Hospital Central
Schedule: 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm Monday - Friday
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Primarily, the Emergency Department Diversion Specialist I (EDD Specialist I) meets with Medicaid and CHP+ patients in the Emergency Department at local hospitals and connects those patients back to primary care. The EDD Specialist I is responsible for many aspects of patient needs and customer service; they provide community education and outreach for the continuum of services offered through Peak Vista CHC for identified patients in various hospital systems; foster and build relationships with many collaborative partners to include, but not limited to: DHS, EPCDHE, CSHP, private medical practices, local hospitals, Urgent Care and schools to ensure continuity of care to serve as a liaison and link between health and social services to facilitate access to primary healthcare services. They act as a liaison between clinics, programs and clients; screen clients for eligibility for CICP, CHP+ and Medicaid and verify private insurance. They enroll patients and make appointments for patients who currently have Medicaid and CHP+ insurance; provide appropriate referrals into the continuum of services; and perform data entry into EPM and EHR.
Additionally, the EDD Specialist I:
- Helps individuals and families develop their capacity and access to resources including quality care and health information through education on the ACO and their participation in RCCO7
- Facilitates communication and client empowerment in interactions with health care/social service systems
- Helps people in the ED understand their health condition(s) and develop strategies to improve their health and well being
- Helps build understanding for patients to support healthier behaviors and lifestyle choices
- Delivers health information using culturally appropriate terms and concepts
- Links people to health care/social service resources
- Provides informal counseling, support and follow-up for patients in the ED
- Follows relevant policies and procedures, attends training as requested by Manager, and contributes to a positive work environment
- Supports many internal departments by providing quality customer service
- Demonstrates the idea that “everyone is in outreach” and adheres to the Compliance Plan
Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: Emergency Department Diversion Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Work Experience: Customer Service, Case Management, Social Services, and Community Outreach experience preferred.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to understand complex issues, basic math skills required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Email and Internet required. Experience with databases and keyboarding skills preferred.
Other Skills: Conflict resolution, attention to detail, knowledge of community resources, confidence, and creativity required. Ability to work both as a team and independently, bi-lingual preferred, healthcare knowledge (e.g. payor sources, etc.) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Colorado Driver’s License required.
Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements and fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.